Advancement Events and Communications Coordinator
January 2023 | Danvers, MA
About St. John’s Prep
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust, and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll approximately 1,500 students from more than 90 communities in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Advancement Events and Communications Coordinator will oversee event planning and content management for the Office for Institutional Advancement. Working closely with the Office of Marketing and Communications, this role will manage logistics for Advancement and Alumni events and take a lead on office communication needs, including solicitations, invitations, email campaigns, and social media content. This position reports directly to the Managing Director of Leadership Giving. An ideal candidate will have experience planning, organizing, and executing events, experience working on large-scale mailings, and an interest in philanthropy. Occasional weekend/evening hours may be required.
- Serve as lead contact for all major events for the Office for Institutional Advancement, including contact with vendors, catering, and mailhouse, and manage invitation lists and RSVP procedures
- Serve as a liaison between the Office for Institutional Advancement and the Office of Marketing and Communications
- Design, plan, and oversee communication calendars for year-end appeals and event messaging, including social media, emails, and mailings
- Serve as the office contact with vendors on campus, including Facilities and Dining Services, and off campus, including printers and event supply companies
- In collaboration with Advancement staff, generate content for solicitations, emails, invitations, and social media posts
- Direct the follow-up strategy for events and solicitations, including thank yous, billing, and soliciting feedback from vendors for future planning
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent planning, organization, and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience building, planning, and executing large-scale events
- Experience with communication strategy and implementation, preferably at a school or nonprofit institution
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Initiative to work independently while maintaining consistent communication with office staff
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Desire to create and distribute content intended to raise funds for St. John’s Prep
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate office needs
- Team player with a good sense of humor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in event planning and/or communications.
St. John’s Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, student engagement, interpersonal communication, and curricular decisions. For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life programs, please visit www.stjohnsprep.org.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Assistant Head of School for Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.