Associate Reporting to the EVP and Fundraising Practice Leader
June 2019 | Brookline, MA Download PDF
Development Guild DDI, a growing management consulting firm working exclusively with education, health, and nonprofit organizations, seeks an Associate with excellent writing, organizational, and collaborative skills. Reporting directly to Victoria Jones, Executive Vice President and Fundraising Practice Leader, the Associate will work within teams to coordinate projects for the firm’s nonprofit clients, and provide administrative support directly to Ms. Jones.
About Development Guild DDI
Each year Development Guild DDI partners with approximately 80 to 90 clients in the following areas:
- Fundraising: The largest fundraising firm based in Boston and a growing force in other geographic regions, Development Guild DDI applies an approach that combines evidence with strategic insight and experience to help shape and achieve client fundraising goals, which range to greater than $1 billion. We engage with our fundraising clients for periods that span from five months to five years. Services include fundraising assessment and planning, campaign feasibility studies, strategic campaign counsel, design and implementation of major gift programs, and training for fundraising professionals and volunteers. Development Guild DDI staff work in teams tailored to each client’s unique needs, providing specific sector intelligence, cross-sector insight, and hands-on functional expertise.
- Executive Search: Development Guild DDI provides retained search counsel for leadership-level positions: Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, Chief Advancement or Development Officer, and Directors of the key fundraising units. At the same time, we offer multi-search services for clients building out their teams in support of ambitious strategic philanthropic goals. We have a valued history of providing these multiple services to clients over time, leveraging the knowledge, relationships and insight gained during a planning or fundraising engagement for an executive search. The span of our client engagements across our service lines provides an optimal platform for lead generation and sales, and gives us access to those organizations investing in leadership positions.
With offices in Boston and New York, Development Guild DDI invests considerable effort to ensure challenging and interesting opportunities for its staff, offering a collegial environment exemplified by committed colleagues, a learning culture, and cross-team assignments. The company’s consistently high quality and exceptional staff of 30+ employees are a direct result of Development Guild DDI’s ongoing, major commitment to the professional development of its staff members and cross-training of its professional staff in fundraising, executive search and organizational strategy. Many of Development Guild DDI’s clients are committed to social justice and diversity. Candidates who share these values can anticipate that Development Guild DDI’s work environment also supports these values.
About the Position
Development Guild DDI seeks a full time Associate with excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a commitment to working with extraordinary nonprofit organizations. This position offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience and insight into the nonprofit and consulting fields while working collaboratively with a committed team of staff members.
This position’s focus on client fundraising and search projects makes it ideal for candidates interested in a career path related to nonprofit consulting gaining experience in both services. The Associate will serve as coordinator, working with consultants in fundraising and executive search project teams. The position will also provide substantial marketing/business development and administrative support to Victoria Jones, Executive Vice President and Fundraising Practice Leader, including schedule management, document preparation, and other organizational tasks.
- Coordinate, as a team member, fundraising and executive search client projects
- Draft and edit correspondence and other documents, agendas, spreadsheets and other materials (e.g. position announcements, candidate/board packets, gift tables, etc.)
- Prepare for internal team and client meetings
- Schedule client meetings; attend when appropriate
- Enter/Update information into the firm’s database
- Perform internet and database research
- Review and analyze data
- Monitor contract progress and budgets
- Build relationships with candidates and foster positive relationships with clients
- Drafting and/or editing of proposals, agreements, reports, and other miscellaneous correspondence
- Serve as the EVP’s point person for scheduling, and maintain her in-office calendar
- Ensure expense reports are completed
- Ensure that EVP is kept up-to-date on all issues and that timely and appropriate follow-up occurs
- Other tasks as requested
- BA or BS degree
- 1-2 years of work experience in a professional setting
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional editing and writing skills
- Experience in administrative support
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong computer skills (word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets); able to pick up new programs and ideas quickly
- Customer service oriented; sense of humor and friendly disposition
- Able to work well with different constituencies
- Patient and flexible work style
- Resourceful; able to work well in a fast-paced environment, multitask and prioritize
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and responsiveness
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience working with senior leaders
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Director of Staff Development
Development Guild DDI
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.