March 2023 | Hybrid / Cambridge, MA
The Food Allergy Science Initiative (FASI) is an emerging organization with an urgent mission: to accelerate the discovery of breakthrough research that will transform the lives of people with food allergies. This research will improve how we diagnose, treat, and prevent food allergies for millions of adults and children around the globe. Founded in 2016, FASI was incubated at the Broad Institute and is now an independent 501c3. FASI’s work has attracted significant funding and prominent researchers across the country.
This is an opportunity to join a small, dynamic, talented team. This hybrid position requires an entrepreneurial approach with high organization, flexibility, and reliability. The ideal candidate can set priorities and manage multiple responsibilities. A high degree of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment with a detail-oriented mindset are crucial.
The Development Officer will report to the Director of Development and interact with other staff, FASI donors and prospects, and external business partners. This is a full-time position, compensation is commensurate with experience, and candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Partner with and support the Director of Development in implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan.
- Develop strategies and a plan to solicit non-major gift donors, including lapsed annual donors, digital subscribers, and event attendees.
- Cultivate and solicit donors for unrestricted annual gifts.
- Create and disseminate cultivation and stewardship communications to donors.
- Manage events program, including webinars, in-person and online events, and meetings.
- Execute social media strategy, FASI newsletter, and updates to the website in conjunction with the PR consultant.
- Support launch and management of a “Friends of FASI” Council.
- Oversee data and gift administration systems, including data integrity, gift processing, acknowledgments, prospect management, and reporting.
- Prepare meeting briefings and presentations.
- Provide prospect screening and research.
- Document development processes, including operating procedures, policies, templates, and training materials.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive development experience.
- BS/BA required.
- Polished professional who is a team player with excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Brings curiosity and strategic thinking to prospect research, donor strategies, and messaging for donors.
- Is able to work independently and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork, respect, and excellence.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of donor data management best practices; Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office experience desirable.
- Must be a proactive and creative problem solver with exquisite attention to detail.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule between home and office in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
- This is a full-time position.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, and we offer a competitive benefits package.
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Kate Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of FASI to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Per our policies, all FASI employees are required to be fully vaccinated.