Digital Media Manager
December 2022 | Hybrid / Boston, MA
Pine Street Inn (PSI), New England’s largest homeless services organization, seeks an enthusiastic candidate for its busy marketing/communications department. The Digital Media Manager will be part of a dynamic team, receive regular supervision, have the opportunity to build a solid portfolio and make meaningful contributions to the mission of an established and highly regarded nonprofit organization.
Our office is accessible by public transportation (in Boston’s South End).
Summary of the Position
The Digital Media Manager’s role is to design, create, and deliver messaging/communications through multiple digital channels in support of the mission and strategic goals of Pine Street Inn, under the direction of the Director of Communications and the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
Working within brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, the Digital Media Manager will be a hands-on project manager responsible for executing social media, website, video, distributed email, and online fundraising campaigns, both creatively and technically. The Digital Media Manager will be responsible for analyzing and adjusting marketing and communications strategies according to results.
Additionally, the Digital Media Manager will work with a variety of internal teams to maintain integrity of all digital channels.
- College degree majoring in Communications, Marketing, Social Media Management, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience managing digital media and social media platforms — preferably for a nonprofit organization
- A combination of strong creative and analytical skills
- Copywriting for digital channels; ability to tell concise, compelling stories from across the organization
- Videography/photography skills to ensure strong visual storytelling
- Demonstrated expertise creating and implementing social media marketing and awareness-building programs across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube
- Experience creating and managing a strategic, multi-platform social media content calendar, ensuring coordination of theme/content
- Experience with Hootsuite Pro or other social media scheduling tools
- Digital advertising on Meta and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with social media reporting and metrics analysis tools
- Experience with Google Analytics and other data analysis tools
- Familiarity with HTML, web design and website maintenance principles sufficient to make changes/additions to PSI website as needed and to consult with internal stakeholders and external vendors as needed
- Familiarity with e-newsletter creation – content and layout
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign/Photoshop/Premiere Pro
- SharePoint and digital project management tools
- Luminate email management platform
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to utilize a PC, phone, fax and copier
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as part of a tight-knit team
- Must be comfortable working with diverse groups of people
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to prioritize work
- Flexibility, high energy, and a sense of humor
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Create compelling digital content for social media channels and website
- Manage and maintain social media calendar, working closely with the Director of Communications on strategic and coordinated content, including an annual editorial calendar
- Work with Pine Street Inn staff and program leadership to identify opportunities for digital storytelling in support of Pine Street’s strategic plan and mission
- Interview tenants, guests and staff in order to share stories throughout Pine Street’s digital platforms
- Regularly update social media channels and the organization’s website by creating fresh content, including stories, videos, audio, comments on relevant news, etc.
- Conduct monthly social media and other digital media analytics (including web traffic) tracking, to determine the effectiveness of Pine Street Inn’s digital communications
Brand Consistency and Awareness
- Ensure style, tone and messaging of digital communications is consistent with all Pine Street Inn’s communications
- Identify target influencers and audiences to help maximize the visibility and reach of Pine Street Inn
- Coordinate with IT and external web contractors, as needed, on technical requirements for Pine Street website and online platforms
- Additional duties as assigned
- Greater-Boston area travel on behalf of PSI
- Availability for occasional evening, weekend, and holiday events
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Analytic Thinking: Analyzes and synthesizes information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision-making.
- Attention to Detail: Works in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner. Demonstrates concern for thoroughness and accuracy. Follows up to ensure tasks are completed.
- Project Management: Assumes responsibility (with guidance) for assigned projects, including coordination with others. Understands the importance of reporting quality information on the project
- Problem Solving: Identifies solutions to problems, considering applicable precedents. After implementation, evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
SUPERVISION TO BE EXERCISED: There are no supervisory responsibilities included in this job description.
SUPERVISION TO BE RECEIVED: The Digital Media Manager will receive supervision from the Director of Communications.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES, IF INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT A PROMOTION/TRANSFER APPLICATION TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT WITHIN 10 DAYS OF POSTING.
Pine Street inn is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Receipt and Acknowledgment
I acknowledge and/or understand that I have read and understand these job descriptions and the responsibilities of the Digital Media Manager position.
Receipt of this job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment as my employment is at-will.
Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with PSI policies and procedures.
You can apply to this position here.