Executive Search Research Analyst reporting to the President
February 2019 | Brookline, MA Download PDF
Development Guild DDI, a growing management consulting firm working exclusively with education, health, and nonprofit organizations, seeks an Executive Search Research Analyst with excellent writing, organizational, and collaborative skills. The Research Analyst will work within teams to provide key research and coordinate executive search projects for the firm’s nonprofit clients, and provide administrative support to the President.
About Development Guild DDI
Each year Development Guild DDI partners with approximately 80 to 90 clients in the following areas:
- Executive Search:Development Guild DDI provides retained search counsel for leadership-level positions: Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, Chief Advancement or Development Officer, and Directors of the key fundraising units. At the same time, we offer multi-search services for clients building out their teams in support of ambitious strategic philanthropic goals. We have a valued history of providing these multiple services to clients over time, leveraging the knowledge, relationships and insight gained during a planning or fundraising engagement for an executive search. The span of our client engagements across our service lines provides an optimal platform for lead generation and sales, and gives us access to those organizations investing in leadership positions.
- Fundraising:The largest fundraising firm based in Boston and a growing force in other geographic regions, Development Guild DDI applies an approach that combines evidence with strategic insight and experience to help shape and achieve client fundraising goals, which range to greater than $1 billion. We engage with our fundraising clients for periods that span from five months to five years. Services include fundraising assessment and planning, campaign feasibility studies, strategic campaign counsel, design and implementation of major gift programs, and training for fundraising professionals and volunteers. Development Guild DDI staff work in teams tailored to each client’s unique needs, providing specific sector intelligence, cross-sector insight, and hands-on functional expertise.
With offices in Boston and New York, Development Guild DDI invests considerable effort to ensure challenging and interesting opportunities for its staff, offering a collegial environment exemplified by committed colleagues, a learning culture, and cross-team assignments. The company’s consistently high quality and exceptional staff of 30+ employees are a direct result of Development Guild DDI’s ongoing, major commitment to the professional development of its staff members and cross-training of its professional staff in executive search, fundraising and organizational strategy. Many of Development Guild DDI’s clients are committed to social justice and diversity. Candidates who share these values can anticipate that Development Guild DDI’s work environment also supports these values.
About the Position
Development Guild DDI seeks a full-time Executive Search Research Analyst with excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a commitment to working with extraordinary nonprofit organizations. This position offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience and insight into the nonprofit and consulting fields while working collaboratively with a committed team of staff members.
This position’s focus on executive search services makes it ideal for candidates interested in a career path related to research, coordination, and other aspects of executive recruiting. The position will serve as the primary researcher and/or coordinator, working with consultants in executive search project teams. The position will also provide administrative support to the President, and will staff his client projects and internal initiatives. Reporting directly to William M. Weber, Ed. D, President, Principal, this position is full time and is based in the firm’s Brookline office.
As a team member, execute key research and coordination on executive search client projects
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion to create internal documents, agendas, spreadsheets and other materials (e.g. outreach materials, position announcements, candidate packets, advertise positions, etc)
- Conduct candidate research on assigned projects
- Build relationships with candidates and foster positive relationships with clients
- Oversee contract progress and budgets; review and analyze data
- Available for minimal travel (to NY office and/or local clients)
Supporting the President
Serve as the point person for the President’s internal and external responsibilities
- Oversee meeting agendas and scheduling, ensure expense reports are completed
- Provide sales and marketing/business development advise and guidance as needed (e.g. conduct research, update social media presence, draft and edit proposals/agreements; business development moves tracking)
- Oversee timely database updates, create visual graphics (e.g. charts)
- In President’s absence, manage majority of internal and external correspondence – advise on all issues and timely and appropriately follow-up with the President regarding such issues
- BA or BS degree
- 1-3 years of work experience in a professional setting
- Interest in career path related to executive search/recruitment/research
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and editing
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (word processing, graphics and spreadsheets); able to pick up new programs and ideas quickly
- Able to work well with different constituencies
- Patient and flexible work style
- Experience in administrative support and working with senior leaders
- Resourceful; able to work well in a fast-paced environment, multitask and prioritize
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and responsiveness
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Available for minimal travel as needed
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Director of Staff Development
Development Guild DDI
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.