Human Resources Associate
July 2019 | Brookline, MA Download PDF
Development Guild DDI, a growing management consulting firm working exclusively with education, health, and nonprofit organizations, seeks a Human Resources Associate with excellent customer service, attention to detail, organization, writing and interpersonal skills to support the Human Resources and administration team. Reporting to the Director of Staff Development, the HR Associate will facilitate and provide management support for various HR systems such as benefits, payroll, internal employee communications, and general firm wide operations. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to gain experience in HR and office operations in a multi-state, multi-location mission driven organization. This position is based in Development Guild DDI’s Brookline office.
About Development Guild DDI
Each year Development Guild DDI partners with approximately 80 to 90 clients in the following areas:
- Executive Search: Development Guild DDI provides retained search counsel for leadership-level positions: Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, Chief Advancement or Development Officer, and Directors of the key fundraising units. At the same time, we offer multi-search services for clients building out their teams in support of ambitious strategic philanthropic goals. We have a valued history of providing these multiple services to clients over time, leveraging the knowledge, relationships and insight gained during a planning or fundraising engagement for an executive search. The span of our client engagements across our service lines provides an optimal platform for lead generation and sales, and gives us access to those organizations investing in leadership positions.
- Fundraising: The largest fundraising firm based in Boston and a growing force in other geographic regions, Development Guild DDI applies an approach that combines evidence with strategic insight and experience to help shape and achieve client fundraising goals, which range to greater than $1 billion. We engage with our fundraising clients for periods that span from five months to five years. Services include fundraising assessment and planning, campaign feasibility studies, strategic campaign counsel, design and implementation of major gift programs, and training for fundraising professionals and volunteers. Development Guild DDI staff work in teams tailored to each client’s unique needs, providing specific sector intelligence, cross-sector insight, and hands-on functional expertise.
With offices in Boston and New York, Development Guild DDI invests considerable effort to ensure challenging and interesting opportunities for its staff, offering a collegial environment exemplified by committed colleagues, a learning culture, and cross-team assignments. The company’s consistently high quality and exceptional staff of 30+ employees are a direct result of Development Guild DDI’s ongoing, major commitment to the professional development of its staff members and cross-training of its professional staff in executive search, fundraising and organizational strategy. Many of Development Guild DDI’s clients are committed to social justice and diversity. Candidates who share these values can anticipate that Development Guild DDI’s work environment also supports these values.
About the Position
Development Guild DDI seeks a full time Human Resources Associate with knowledge and experience in various HR functions, specifically in benefits, payroll administration and employee relations. The HR Associate is responsible for supporting administration and coordination of benefits eligibility and enrollment, bi-weekly payroll process as well as supporting firm wide administration and management systems and initiatives, such as HRIS implementation. The HR Associate may also have the opportunity to be involved in recruitment, reviews, planning, training and development. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven, motivated individual early in their career looking to build further HR expertise while working collaboratively with a committed team of staff members.
- Support administration and coordination of benefits, enrollment/disenrollment, manage employee requested changes, ensure compliance, and process monthly invoices
- Serve as resource for employees on benefit questions and provide internal communications on benefit changes/promotions
- Support annual benefits renewal process, research analysis, open enrollment administration
- Process bi-weekly payroll, ensuring accurate payroll reporting and records
- Establish vendor/broker relationships
- Draft project based employee contracts
- Coordinate HR aspects of new hire orientation and training processes
- Support planning of annual staff retreat and meetings
- Manage Employee Manual, update and draft new policies
- Maintain all employee files and HR records
- Assist in annual HR budget planning
- Maintain working knowledge of all HR systems and review for efficiencies/standardization, including HRIS system
- Process annual state registrations
- Help ensure compliance with various employment laws and regulations, conduct research, create policies
- Assist with internal recruitment and employee performance review process, as needed
- BA or BS degree
- 1-3 years of work experience in a human resources professional setting; benefits and/or payroll processing experience preferred
- Ambitious, takes ownership
- Discretion handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience working with senior leaders
- Superior communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite), ability to pick up on new systems, HRIS experience a plus
- Customer service oriented: professional, sense of humor and friendly disposition
- Able to work well with different constituencies
- Patient and flexible work style
- Resourceful; able to work well in a fast-paced environment, multitask and prioritize, and
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and responsiveness
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Director of Staff Development
Development Guild DDI
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.