Senior Creative Technologist
June 2019 | New York, NY Download PDF
Development Guild DDI is a leading consulting firm working exclusively with non-profits and mission-driven organizations. Our clients have included the Nature Conservancy, the Gates Foundation, Johns Hopkins University, Mount Sinai, MIT, the World Wide Web Foundation, the Scratch Foundation, and many more.
We are seeking a Senior Creative Technologist to join our team. We are currently entering beta with a new product which uses collective intelligence and cutting-edge AI. Our clients will use our product to harness the wisdom of their constituents and produce solutions for some of the greatest, most intractable problems they currently face. If you’d like to work on something truly meaningful, then this could be a dream job for you.
The Senior Creative Technologist will report to the Matthew Weber, Vice President of Product. This is a full-time position based in Development Guild DDI’s New York (Manhattan) office.
- Be a key participant in developing concepts and iterating in design
- Express ideas and experiment quickly via prototypes
- Usher ideas through to production-ready code
- Work closely with designers and developers on the team
- Significant experience in a creative technologist or front-end developer role
- Significant experience with React
- Significant experience developing engaging, highly interactive UI with web technologies for both desktop and mobile devices
- Experience taking some level of design ownership
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks such as Jest and Enzyme
- Experience with Webpack
- A portfolio of front-end work
- 5 years+ development experience
- Significant experience with 3D CSS, Canvas or SVG
- Experience with interactive data visualizations
- Experience developing for accessibility
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with GraphQL
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to follow-through and manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Experience with UI design and usability principles
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and responsiveness
- Volunteer or other mission-driven experience
Please email your cover letter and a portfolio of your front-end work in confidence to:
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.