I hope this finds you well and enjoying these early weeks of fall. I’d like to extend a big thank you to all those who participated in our recent survey about what you most value in our newsletters. Your input is greatly appreciated, and we incorporated many of your suggestions into this update. Look for more changes in the future!
We are happy to share a little of what’s been keeping us busy as of late including two recently completed searches for clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region: Johns Hopkins University and The Aspen Institute. We’re also all excited about two recent events in New York: a conference focused on the use of artificial intelligence in the executive search world, and the most recent installation of our Meetup series, which focuses on big data in nonprofits.
On behalf of the entire Development Guild team, we are grateful for your interest and support.
We are pleased to announce the recent placement of the following leaders:
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
Denise Tioseco Roehl
DIRECTOR OF PHILANTHROPIC PARTNERSHIPS
The Aspen Institute
View all recently placed candidates here.
Boston Children's Hospital Trust
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Montefiore and Einstein
Mount Sinai Health System
Arts, Culture, and Museums
National Coast Guard Museum Association
Campaign for Catholic Schools
Council for Economic Education
Environment and Conservation
Woods Hole Research Center
Health and Science
Sarcoma Foundation of America
Sacred Heart University
University of Miami
Children of Fallen Patriots
Pine Street Inn
The Salvation Army Eastern PA and Delaware Division
The Salvation Army Greater New York Division
The Salvation Army Southern New England Division
The Salvation Army, Eastern Territory
Choate Rosemary Hall
St. John's Preparatory School
The Winsor School
Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation
Are you interested in joining a nonprofit board but don’t know where to begin? Our President, Bill Weber, provides tips on how to find a board position that provides personal fulfillment as well as career advancement opportunities. Read his article here.
On Our Minds
Write a Cover Letter and Resume Recruiters Will Love
Our Partnership with Planned Parenthood
Bloomberg’s Data for Good Exchange
On Our Calendars
Development Guild’s Data + the Greater Good Meetup
Hunt Scanlon’s “Sourcing Talent With AI” Conference
Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Conference
Welcome to our Newest Team Member
FULL STACK DEVELOPER
We are hiring!
We currently have openings for the following positions:
- An Office Assistant with excellent customer service, organization, and collaborative skills to provide administrative, human resources, and technology support, and to work within teams to coordinate projects for the firm’s nonprofit clients, to be based in our Brookline offices.
- A Senior UX Designer with a demonstrable portfolio of recent UX work to join as we enter beta with a product designed to harness the collective intelligence of our client’s constituents in order to tackle the thorniest problems facing organizations serving humanity and the environment, to be based in our NYC offices.
Learn more on our website.
- Fixing the Plane While Flying It
posted August 15, 2019
- The 5 Core Responsibilities of Nonprofit Board Members
posted August 8, 2019
- Diversifying Your Funding Stream
posted August 1, 2019
- Summer Days with Our Clients
posted July 11, 2019
- Summer Reading Recommendations
posted July 1, 2019
- Alumni: Where Are They Now? with Jenn Musso
posted June 20, 2019