We couldn’t resist sharing the above National Audubon Society photograph – a reminder that warmer days are just around the corner (we also have a few amateur ornithologists on our team who advocated for its inclusion). In addition to the National Audubon Society, we recently welcomed several new clients including the The Museum of Arts and Design and Lymphoma Research Foundation. We also welcomed back St. John’s Preparatory School, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and Jacob’s Pillow.
This edition includes updates on our open and closed searches, a deeper dive into a few topics on our minds, and some exciting internal news. On behalf of all of us here at Development Guild, thank you for your continued interest and support.
P.S. How well do you know your birds? Try identifying the one above (and if you’re stumped, you can find the answer at the bottom of the page!).
Placed Leaders in Higher Education
We are pleased to announce the recent placement of the following leaders at higher education institutions:
Vice President for Advancement
Associate Vice Chancellor for Development
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
View all recently placed candidates here.
We are currently recruiting for the following nonprofit executive searches. Please click through to read full job postings.
Arts, Culture, and Museums
Emily Dickinson Museum
National Coast Guard Museum Association
Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women
Council for Economic Education
Health and Science
Cohen Veterans Network
Sacred Heart University
The American University in Cairo
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA
Choate Rosemary Hall
The Fenn School
The Winsor School
World Trade Centers Association
We are very pleased to announce that our colleague Suzanne Battit has become a Principal of the firm. For over 20 years, Suzanne has committed herself to helping non-profit organizations successfully achieve mission delivery, improving lives around the world from Africa to Haiti to Boston. Since joining Development Guild, Suzanne has brought passion and her diverse fundraising, marketing, and communication expertise to each of her fundraising and executive search clients, including: The Clayton Christensen Institute, Colby College, Fitchburg State University, Huntington Theatre, and The Museum of Arts and Design. In her new role as a Principal, Suzanne will be a valued member of the senior leadership team, contributing to the overall strategic direction of the firm. In an interview on our blog, Suzanne reflects upon the extraordinary clients she has worked with at Development Guild so far and what’s to come.
On Our Minds
Form a Long-Term Relationship with a Recruiter
Our Senior Vice President Tracy Marshall shares the dos and don’ts of interacting with executive recruiters so you can form a mutually-beneficial relationship that lasts. Discover Tracy’s advice.
Using Data to Fight Human Trafficking
At our recent “Data + the Greater Good Meetup,” guest speakers from Enigma shared how the operational data management and intelligence company has created a platform called STAT (Standing Together Against Trafficking). Learn how STAT is helping to facilitate information transfer across organizations who are working to identify and end human trafficking.
On Our Calendars
Are You Attending AFP’s Fundraising Day in New York?
We are proud to sponsor the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Fundraising Day in New York conference on Friday, June 14. We’ll be demoing our new app for fundraisers – it is a form of collective intelligence, and we think it presents a deep, meaningful new way for institutions to engage donors and constituents. Make sure to stop by our booth if you’re interested! Find more information about the conference here.
Welcome to our Newest Team Member
Executive Search Research Analyst
We are hiring!
We currently have openings for the following positions:
- An Associate to report to our Executive Vice President and Fundraising Practice Leader Victoria Jones, who possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a commitment to working with extraordinary non-profit organizations. Based in Brookline, the Associate will serve as coordinator, working with consultants in fundraising and executive search project teams. The position will also provide substantial marketing/business development and administrative support to Victoria Jones.
- A Human Resources Associate with excellent customer service, attention to detail, and organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills to support the Human Resources and administration team. Based in Brookline, this is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to gain experience in HR and office operations in a multi-state, multi-location mission driven organization.
- How Our Clients Are Supporting Their Communities During COVID-19
posted March 24, 2020
- COVID-19, the Economy, and Nonprofits: Responding to Client Questions
posted March 19, 2020
- Data + the Greater Good: GlobalGiving
posted March 13, 2020
- Pine Street Inn’s CEO Lyndia Downie on Solving Homelessness
posted March 9, 2020
- Alumni: Where Are They Now? with Erin Palmer Keohane
posted March 3, 2020
- The Realities of a Chief Development Officer's Time
posted February 20, 2020