Annual Giving Associate
October 2022 | Hybrid / Brockton, MA
Father Bill’s & MainSpring (FBMS) is seeking an Annual Giving Specialist that will be responsible for strategically managing FBMS’ robust, multi-channel annual giving program. This includes the direct oversight of direct mail (renewals and acquisitions), email campaigns and online fundraising, recurring gift club, peer-to-peer fundraising, and the acknowledgement and stewardship of annual fund donors. The position will also be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding mid-level Annual Fund donors ($500-$5,000). Through these activities the Annual Giving Specialist will play a key role in implementing a comprehensive annual fund program to broaden the donor base, upgrade the average size of donation, and increase donor retention.
- Manage a portfolio of ~100 mid-size Annual Fund donors with capacity to increase giving and commitment to FBMS.
- Oversee Direct Mail program: serve as main point of contact for direct mail vendor and coordinate all internal logistics including story sourcing, mailing lists, and approvals; monitor response rates, budget and revenue.
- Develop and oversee comprehensive, multi-channel solicitation schedule including mail, email, and social media.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and internal departments to meet annual giving deadlines and goals.
- Identify key donor segments and implement strategies to increase engagement; analyze patterns and effectiveness.
- Assist with database hygiene and tracking efforts, and other research activities, to channel qualified prospects into the major donor gift cycle.
- Regularly perform outreach/bonding calls to donors $250+.
- Develop special solicitation and stewardship pieces as needed.
- Draft and personalize acknowledgement letters.
- Help generate collateral (print and online) in collaboration with Marketing and Community Relations Manager.
- Oversee donor recognition efforts.
- Support gift entry, as needed during busy seasons.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive direct mail and development experience.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, preference given to candidates with knowledge/experience of Raiser’s Edge or similar program.
- Strong project management skills.
- Evidence of mature judgment and ability to develop entrepreneurial and strategic plans to motivate prospects and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork, respect, and excellence.
- Ability to build and nurture effective working relationships, motivate, set and attain individual and team goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.