As we approach the end of another remarkable year, I find myself reflecting on the remarkable network of nonprofit, health, and educational leaders and supporters with whom we get to collaborate and engage. Thank you for everything you do – not only as part of this supportive community, but as individual contributors and advocates for nonprofit and mission-driven work.
Our network’s dedication to excellence has been the driving force behind our accomplishments. With that being said, I couldn’t be more excited to share my favorite memories and accomplishments of 2023 to highlight the dedication of our remarkable team and larger Development Guild community.
In 2023, we…
- Helped with 55 executive searches in Arts, Culture & Museums; Environment & Conservation; Health & Science; Higher Education; Human Services & Social Justice; Independent Schools; Education Advocacy; and Faith-Based organizations.
- Placed 31 incredible candidates in California, Connecticut, Washington, D.C., Maine, New York, South Dakota, Virginia, and Vermont. 17 of those were at the C-Suite level and 14 were at the Director level.
- Increased visibility and reach, with 45% of our new Fundraising projects representing first-time clients from nonprofits in Education; Healthcare; Social Justice & Human Services; and Arts, Culture & Museums.
- Utilized our Fundraising expertise to assist multiple clients with the planning and execution of their campaigns totaling $500M+, and investing in and building their Major Gifts programs.
- Solidified our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating a new role for our first-ever VP of DEI, hiring four new staff members, and promoting nine others.
- Established a public strategic DEI plan, collected baseline metrics, incorporated video expertise into our marketing, and laid the groundwork for the launch of several new initiatives in 2024, including an optional self-disclosure form for candidates to self-identify, a brand-new webinar program, and the rebirth of our conference program and sponsorship initiatives.
Partnered with clients in 40+ major cities across the United States. See maps below to see our national growth since 2013.
As we celebrate our shared achievements, let us also take a moment to acknowledge the challenges we have overcome and the lessons we have learned.
Wishing you and your loved ones a warm and bright holiday season and a new year filled with prosperity, good health, and continued success.
With heartfelt appreciation,
CEO, Development Guild DDI